Did you know that you are like a pencil?
1. Like a pencil, you can correct your mistakes. You can’t change the past, but you can rectify it. And though you can’t erase history, you can erase guilt and anger with forgiveness.
2. Like a pencil, painful sharpening can serve to make you better. Your difficult times can actually sharpen your skills or shape you into the person you were meant to be.
3. Like a pencil, you can do great things when you allow yourself to be held in Someone’s hand.
4. Like a pencil, you can leave your mark whenever possible. That is what you’re here for—to leave your mark. It may be in small ways, it may be in the lives of people you have touched or nurtured, but you must leave something good behind whenever you can.
5. Like a pencil, it is what is on the inside that matters. Whether it is understanding or intolerance, love or bitterness, peace or unrest, kindness or self-centeredness, hope or despair, courage or fear, what is on the inside matters most.
Next time you use a pencil, pause and think about that little writing tool. It teaches some great lessons about living!